Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Sen. Pacquaio Insulted by Sen. Trillanes ' I will run to his chair and then hit him right away'

On Monday,  March 6, 2017, the Philippine Senate called for a hearing to accomodate statements from SPO3 Arturo Lascanas regarding the alleged wrong-doings of the Davao Death Squad.

This is the first time Lascanas appeared in front of the Senate.

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017, the Boxing Champion/Senator Manny Pacquiao got the chance to speak up about last Monday's proceedings. His time on the floor turned into an opportunity for the young senator to air out his issues about some of his colleague's statements last Monday.

Pacquiao was refering to Senator Trillanes statement regarding Lascana's "spiritual renewal" last Monday.

Pacquiao apparently took Trillanes' remark about Lascanas not turning out to be a saint after his so-called "spiritual renewal" like "some of his other colleagues" as a shot against him in particular.

On Wednesday, Pacquiao said the following about Trillanes' statement:

“As senators, we are not imposing our morals on our resource persons. And for the record, I’m not imposing my morals on SPO3 Lascañas. I  (was) just offended,  Madam President, by the statement of my colleague, Senator Trillanes.”

“Wala naman talagang Santo dito. We all commit sins. Wala ni isa sa ating gumawa ng kasalanan at walang kasalan. For the record, I did  not become a saint after my spiritual renewal.”

The Senator then also added the following:

“Para bang hindi ako totoong tao, para bang yung pagiging Christian ko e fake. That’s my understanding, Madam President, and that’s very  offended to me. Good thing that I have Jesus in my life or else I will run to his chair  and then hit him right away …,” the neophyte senator said.

“We are not saints here but we’re called to do what is right and just. Just to remind  everyone, pinag-aral naman tayo para marunong mag respeto sa ating kapwa. Like I said even in the (Senate lounge that when you get interviewed in the media),  you don’t attack your colleagues, or else… hindi naman tayo, hindi naman natin iniwanan ang bayag natin, dala dala natin ang bayag natin.”

In response to Pacquiao's statement on Wednesday, Senator Antonio Trillanes IV said the following:

“Wala akong minention na kung sino. In fact, sinubo ang pangalan pero hindi ako pumunta dun precisely so as not to offend anyone. Ngayon, since na-offend si Senator Pacquiao, let me assure you  hindi para sayo, hindi para sa kanya, Mr.  chairman, yung  statement na yun.”

“Let me assure the gentleman, Madam President, that this representation e walang planong dungisan ang pangalan ng Senado. I have submitted always to the will of the majority.”

The issue seemed to end with Trillanes offering his apologies to Pacquiao after the heated exchange.

Watch the video here to see what happened:



No comments:

Post a Comment